Saturday, 18 March 2017

A bit of progress on the Nurgle Trolls

So I've managed to actually slap some paint on my trolls. Having a dedicated painting station makes it so much easier to just paint 30 - 60 minutes each night, and they're suddenly done! I'm pretty close to completing them, they just need some rust and gore, but they'll get that after varnish.


Thursday, 16 March 2017

A billion links on the internet cried out in terror - and it was done.

Grr... Dropbox actually did it. They disabled every public link ever made on dropbox. Which is why most of the images on this blog is now little squares with x's in them. I can't believe they actually did it. 6-7 years worth of links - destroyed. It would take hundreds of hours to hunt down every single link on every forum and website I've posted on. I don't know what to do about it, so for the moment it will have to stay as is. I will try to find a solution, and in the meantime, let me give you this advice: Stay the hell away from Dropbox.

Sunday, 5 March 2017

It lives! ... And I'm finally about to get some hobby time again.

As you may remember, the last few months have been spent with me and the missus moving into our new home, our dream house. It's been rough, there's no two ways around it - packing 88 boxes with our entire life in it, and spending every waking hour packing, unpacking, painting (walls, not miniatures) and getting into place - but it's been totally worth it. Now we're just about settled in, and it. is. AWESOME.

My wife (bless her) has given me a most amazing man cave (well, given me permission to occupy a nice and large room in the basement - same thing), so I've been spending some time settling in there too. I've finally gotten a dedicated painting/converting table, which is great, after having spent the last 7 or 8 years I've been doing this, using the dining table, and cleaning up after every session. It's going to be really nice being able to leave the table in the middle of a project, and getting back to it too.

Anyway, I've managed to put in a couple of hours here and there on the Soul Grinder, and it's starting to come together. Very WIP, but getting there. Hopefully some more updates soon.


Sunday, 18 December 2016

Daemon Prince WIP and more Pestigors.

I've managed to put in some more hobby time this week, and some nice guys from my gaming club donated some skulls for my Pestigors, which means I've managed to get all ten built - now I just need some greenstuffing, then they're ready for paint.



I've also started work on my Daemon Prince for my Rotbringers warband - obviously still needs lots of work, but here he is so far: 





Saturday, 10 December 2016

Small update - Beastmen/Plaguebearers hybrid

Tonight 2.0 and I had some hobby time together, and while he painted on his undead horde for AoS, I began kit bashing a bit - I had some plague bearers lying around from a Nurgle Starter box for AoS, but I'm not to fond of the heads - so I had an idea to make som Pestigor-like Plaguebearers.

It's an extremely simple conversion, with only minor reposing, and a head swap, and I need to make 5 more (the leader is the Nurgle herald), but I kinda like where they're going.


Tuesday, 6 December 2016

Progress on the Soul Grinder - and trolls! Lots of trolls! (Or at least 3...)

I've managed to put in a bit of hobby time, although it is a little sparse these days - The missus and I have bought ourselves a house (dedicated hobby-room - Score!) so our time lately is mostly spent on calculating mortgages, looking at furniture and wondering how many packing crates we need for our crap.

Anyway, I'm almost done with the Soul Grinder - here it is in all it's greenstuffed glory: 




And the Trolls - they are based on river trolls, with the heads from the Nagash Lieutenants (which took a while to get hold of) - quite pleased with them, as they seem a lot more chaotic than the standard trolls: 




Monday, 24 October 2016

Forever the hobby-butterfly...

... Although this time it has a cause - of sorts.

My Khador project got stopped in its tracks. I had meticulously airbrushed all 11 jacks, painted all the metals, airbrushed them with varnish, and when I tried the oil wash, as I had used on the last 3 I'd done, it didn't look anything like them - more brown, dirty and just... Not good. Until I figure out how to do them, they'll be sitting on the shelf for a bit.

Anyway... Cue Age of Sigmar. At least I know exactly how to paint these guys, having written every process down.

I painted 10 blight kings, a mounted lord, and a gurgle giant about a year ago, but things have been a bit quiet regarding this little Nurgle project. Now's the time to get to work again.

In a flurry of inspiration, I've been painting 3 Plague Drones (the plague bearer carrying flies - sorry, not done yet, pics to come), and I've been inspired to do some conversions for the army; a beast of gurgle, a soul grinder (I DO love me some big monsters), a Maggoth Lord based great unclean one, and a skull cannon of khorne, made nurgly.

Here are some WIP shots - I've done a lot to them in the past week (fall vacation here in Denmark), so expect more soon.

The beast of gurgle:


The Skull Cannon of Kh... I mean Nurgle: 





Soul grinder - just a basic mockup: